About the ICA
With the reputation of diverse and fusion Chinese cuisine, Taiwan has been regarded as a food tourism destination and renowned for its unique food culture due to its foreign influences. Taiwan is also enjoying its reputation worldwide for its abundant varieties and high quality of agricultural products. With its international focus and geographical location in the heart of Asia, this international bachelor program in National Kaohsiung University of Hospitality and Tourism (NKUHT) would be your ideal opportunity for Chinese culinary arts education.
Bachelor's Degree Program
The program is the only International Program offering Chinese Culinary education in Asia. It is designed to provide students with applicable knowledge and skills for the principles and practices of Chinese Culinary Arts.
The curriculum focuses on key competencies related to culinary, pastry and food services/hospitality management.
Core study topics include:
- Cuisine of China, Taiwan, Japan and Western
- Fundamental and advance cooking and pastry methods/techniques
- Management, cost control, nutrition and menu development
- Banquet and catering operations
- Food and wine pairing
- One-year Internship
During the third year, all students will participate in a one year paid internship in the hospitality industry, either in Taiwan or Internationally.
NKUHT will assist in selecting a suitable F&B associate for the internship program.
Some of our associate partners include:
- Humber College, Toronto Canada
- University of South Florida, U.S.A.
- San Diego State University, U.S.A.
- University College Birmingham, England
- Florence University of the Arts,Italy
- Institut Paul Bocus,France
- Hotelschool The Hague
- At-Sunrise Global Chef Academy, Singapore
- Woosong University,Korea
- International College of Hotel Management, Australia
- The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, U.A.E
Entry Requirement For Foreign Students
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- A minimum of TOEFL iBT 60 orTOEIC 550
- 4 years (3 years on campus+ 1 year domestic or overseas internship)